#write52 week 41: Team Worrell's post-Covid bucket list
Tomorrow marks a year since we’ve been living in Welford, and what a year it’s been! We've certainly been made to feel very welcome here and I don’t think we've rocked the boat too much yet…!
When it came time for us to move back in March 2020, we were so wrapped up in actually completing the move after it had been delayed several times before, that we hadn’t really stopped to take stock of what was going on around the world or notice the palpable anxiety that was building here in the UK. So suddenly we found ourselves in our new home and Izzy starting pre-school but then everything stopped. This past year has certainly been a really weird way to get to know our neighbours and make new friends.
But we also recognise we are incredibly lucky. To me, it finally feels as though I’ve found home. I don’t think I’d realised quite how much I missed living in the countryside, having gorgeous walks right on our doorstep, and waking up to the sound of birdsong in our garden. We really can’t wait for the world to be unlocked again so that we can get stuck into village life properly.
With a renewed sense of purpose, I’ve got plenty more plastic-free ideas to share with you all over the next few weeks, including more sustainable toilet paper, making your own pasta and bread, and sneaky ways to plant more trees without actually having to plant the trees ourselves. But for now, I thought I would share Team Worrell’s post-Covid bucket list with you all. What about you, what’s on your list?
Izzy's list includes:
- Sleepovers at Ma & Pa's, Nanna Sue & Grandad Stan's, Auntie Annie's and Grunc & Jilly's
- Having Nan Heather to come and stay
- Starting her new swimming lessons with Ned
- Going for a picnic and a play at Wicksteed Park with Ned
- Having endless playdates with her new pre-school friends
- Taking her cousin Nate to Mini Meadows Farm Park
Ben's list includes:
- A pint at the pub on his own
- A pint at the pub with family
- A pint at the pub with friends
- Driving the Mini to a nice pub somewhere, for a pint
My list includes:
- Lunch and/or dinner with so many friends I miss: Nicki & Ed, Sara, Michelle and Kate to name but a few
- Inviting friends old and new to our beautiful home (at the very least, I'm definitely looking at you Bethanie, Big Izzy and Ann & David!)
- Getting back out on the netball court to coach the wonderful ladies of Priors Hall Park (and who knows, maybe I can tempt Welford's mums into playing too?!)
- Going to the beach (Karen, I feel Weymouth calling...)
But there's one thing that tops everything else: hugs. Be prepared for LOTS of hugs! Even Ben might dish out one or two. You've been warned...